Thursday, June 19, 2014

On My Reader

Currently on my reading list:

The Husband Tree & Wildflower Bride both by Mary Connealy

Roses by Leila Meacham (this is a re-read of my favorite book from last summer!)

North Star Brides by Erica Vetsch (this is a 3-in-1 collection)

I have ordered my next review book and cannot wait for it to get here! I've chosen a historical fiction, but not a Christian romance.

I normally go for the faith-based novels, but sometimes a girl just wants something else. The library is getting to know me quite well as this is my third visit in as many days. I'm not the least bit embarrassed.

Several summers ago, I was on a first name basis with my local librarian and she actually would get worried if I didn't come in at least twice a week;) The best part about learning the librarians is that they'll often recommend something to me that I never would have thought to read.

Before Stephenie Meyer became super popular, my librarians had recommended The Host to me. I began to read it but couldn't really get into it until I had watched the movie; and even then it made for a dull read. Regardless, I love the idea that my librarians feel bold enough to recommend books to me. It's been awhile since I buried my nose into something other than yarn and a crochet hook!

until next time,
keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment