Sunday, September 25, 2016

Book Review: A Triple Knot

A Triple Knot by Emma Campion

In an effort to being honest, I could not get into this book at all. I have tried several times in the last few years to read this book, and yet... nothing.

I can barely make it to the second chapter.
That being said, I finally sat down and forced myself to get through this book.

Historical romance is one of my favorite genres, so I thought for sure I would get into this book. Especially after having a seemingly strong leading lady. Unfortunately, for me, the book continued to fall flat, chapter after chapter.

While some interesting parts arose, specifically the backstory to Joan Kent, the book just never connected the character to the reader. I appreciate the historical aspects of this book, and give the writer points for that.

However, Joan Kent never grew past the young child she was when the book started. The book covers a twenty year period and she remains a one sided character, with limited growth.

Due to the difficult nature of being able to truly get lost in this book, I am only giving this book a one star rating. I know others have found this book enjoyable, but it just wasn't for me.


I received this book from the Blogging for Books program in exchange for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment